* images that present even common subjects from interesting angles or points of view
* essays that inform the intelligent viewer, moving beyond what you already know
[ words below images on index pages are tangents to essay topics ]
[ external links on webpages are portals to related information]
To view content :
1) on index page, click on any image - this will open a webpage, showing links to an image collection and to a brief essay ... and links to related external articles and websites
2) on webpage, click on "images" link to view the associated image album ... clicking each image will then advance to next in series ... or may view as a slideshow
3) essay links are bracketed by asterisks: *** title ***; click on link to view essay [ usu. illustrated 2-page / 1,000-word ]
Note: red letter text indicates a link -> click to proceed
- use back arrow [ < ] of browser to navigate back to previously viewed pages
- click on imagessays title header to return to index page
most of the index page images have functionality as described ... more to be added ... a work in progress
illustrated essays are displayed via links to PDF files.
image slideshows are displayed via links to Google Photos collections,
which allows options for viewing and access and downloading.
photography: φωτογραφία = light writing
imagessays website originated June 2007, constructed with Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, CS4, etc.
… site content transferred onto Squarespace September 2013 ...
... work continues on improved interface functionality and addition of new content ...
photographs and writings
physiologist / cardiologist / molecular biologist
... and amateur:
beekeeper / backpacker / geologist / paleontologist / linguist /photographer / writer